The Crown Part Two we look back on Princess Diana Fashion world's

As we wait for #TheCrown part two we look back on the impact #PrincessDiana had on some of the #fashion world's biggest #designer's.

#Diana, and #AnnaWintour)

"I was lucky enough to have her support for the Nina Hyde Center for Breast Cancer Research, a cause that means a great deal to me. There have been many people in my life I feel fortunate to have known. I feel deeply honoured to have known Diana."
#ManoloBlahnik
"She took her kindness to a point beyond exhaustion. Three years ago I had a terrible accident and came home from hospital to a get-well message from the princess. It was the little things that touched me so much, like the Christmas cards that I cherished receiving, because she always put something charming and personal inside."
#JimmyChoo
"I met the Princess of Wales about six or seven years ago. I designed a shoe to go with a dress that she'd ordered. I was very nervous and couldn't sleep the night before we met. I'd go to Kensington Palace quite regularly and design a pair of shoes to go with a new dress. Among others, she ordered the same basic pair of flat shoes. I still have a pair that I was due to deliver to her next week. When I went to visit the first few times she was always fascinated by the way I'd sit on the floor in the lotus position and show her the designs. She'd join me on the floor, sitting cross-legged. She'd ask me about my belief in Buddhism; she had her apartment at the Palace looked at by a feng shui expert and she wore a white crystal - that's for a clear mind, stability and harmony. I asked her if she meditated and she said she'd tried, and found that she could never empty her mind of all the distractions."
#JohnGalliano
"Princess Diana had the most wicked sense of humour and a spirit of generosity and warmth that made one feel so welcome. She was always so thoughtful. I remember going to Kensington Palace for a fitting on my birthday and being surprised by a breakfast of champagne and cake."
#Valentino Garavani
"We first met at a fashion show in London, in April 1990, organised for the Aids Crisis Trust by our mutual friend, Marguerite Littman. She was the royal princess; a bit uptight in the way she carried herself except for one thing - her eyes. They were extraordinary. Behind them was an extraordinary human being ready to fly and live life to its fullest. She came to visit me on my boat in Saint Tropez in August. It was amazing to see her transformation. Just looking into her sparkling eyes, you could tell how finally she was free, so happy - herself."
#ChristianLacroix
"The first time I met Princess Diana was at the Serpentine Gallery in London, at a charity fashion show for the Save the Children Fund. She seemed slightly uncertain and timid. And there was that tilting of her head that became so famous and so charming. Despite the lunch's casual atmosphere, protocol was still observed. She had to leave first, while everyone else fell silent. 'I hate this moment,' she whispered to me, blushing even more than she had after eating my slice of chocolate cake."
#Netflix

Princess Diana

Post a Comment

0 Comments